Session 1: Mally Yina in discussion with Urszula Chowaniec
(Saturday, May 11, 1-2 pm)
PolinArts i Prometeusze
Come to this session to see a film and take part in the lively discussion on Polish Artist and their search for identity….
Artist: Mally Yina
Project title: PolinArts i Prometeusze / PolinArts and Prometheus (Presentation of the Documentary on Polish Artists in London)
1. Questions you may be asked before the film:
· Based on your life experience, how could you describe your national identity?
· What elements from your national identity do you consider most important?
· From your knowledge, what is a general opinion about Polish people?
· How many Polish people do you know personally?
· What are their jobs?
· Have you heard about Polish artists who work in London? Why/How?
· Do you know any Polish jokes?
2. Discussion after the projection:
· Was there anything in the film that was new to you?
· Was there anything that especially surprised you?
· What are your reflections about the identity of migrants?
· What are your reflections about your own identity?
· Would you like to know more about any of the artists?
Mally Yina is a theatre director and an award winning filmmaker.